Virtual Ship's Log from Captain Hammer

'Cause I don't have enough to do already

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One last post before I go:

This will be the last entry before the trip- too busy to blog again. Sail cloth came in last night, and the sail is taking shape. Forecast is for light winds (about 8 knots) from the North on Friday, which should be perfect (just enough to move me, but hopefully not enough to tip me over into a frigid lake!). It will be cold (overnight freeze), but should be sunny during the day. Estimated weight for all water, rations and gear is 60 lbs. A little more weight forward would be good to help counter all my weight aft, but I honestly don't know what else to bring. I'm sure I'll think of it when I'm there and it's too late. Maybe I should get a bigger anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment