Virtual Ship's Log from Captain Hammer

'Cause I don't have enough to do already

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Last Day of Georgetown


It was a gray and windless Sunday morning with a light sprinkle. Unfortunately I wasn't able to sail, but I was able to find the springs (see video) and paddle back to the car easily. Here are the thorns and roses: general prep was very good- I had all that I needed. The sail rig worked even though I wasn't able to test it very much. And of course I will ALWAYS make sure that damn tie-down stays put. My next project is to straighten the canoe.
Sleeping on the canoe: critters don't get in your food, it's easy to set up shelter, and it's very clean. The only problem is that it's cramped. Camping in cold weather: no bugs, don't use as much water, food preservation is a non issue. The down side is that it's cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment