Virtual Ship's Log from Captain Hammer

'Cause I don't have enough to do already

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Countdown to Launch

I've decided on Lake Georgetown; it is much smaller, more trees (according to satellite detail from Google Earth), %50 of the shoreline is public park, and I've never been there. There looks like only 1 park that is not closed to overnight camping (due to renovations) and that has a boat ramp. Of course the boat ramp isn't required, but it sure makes things easier when I don't know what the terrain might be. "Is it so small you'll get bored?", my wife asked. Good question, but I think there is enough to do, and i can always paddle up the San Gabriel to see what I can see.
Sailcloth isn't here yet (it's held up by the winter storm that hit East coast), and there isn't one piece that's completely finished, but I've got one more weekend to get it all together. Take a look at the pictures from Google Earth taken at Russel Park (zoom in on Lake Georgetown, click on the little photo icons on the North bank towards the middle of the lake). I hope to add some of my own soon!

1 comment: