Virtual Ship's Log from Captain Hammer

'Cause I don't have enough to do already

Friday, September 9, 2011

New Records


Now Texas can boast about being the mostest in another category; nope, not the most stingy for spending on education. We've had the hottest summer in US history! (I know I said I would stop complaining about the heat, but this doesn't count as complaining.) We also set drought records, and new data has weather models concurring that La Nina is going to keep Texas rain-free until 2012. Now, I AM going to keep complaining about the drought. It is getting very serious. Wildfires are the most dramatic catastrophe caused by the drought (see pic above of Batrop fire, now officially the most devastating in Texas history). But its impact on agriculture, and eventually on people, will be slow and agonizing. Check it out.
And here is animation of satellite pics of the fires:

No comments:

Post a Comment