Virtual Ship's Log from Captain Hammer

'Cause I don't have enough to do already

Monday, July 25, 2011

Charleston, SC


Even though it was for business, I was fortunate to have been invited to spend a few days in Charleston, South Carolina last week. I had never been, and thought (the part I saw) was great. It reminded me a lot of New Orleans, with beaches but without jazz. Envision: muggy, marshy, history out the wazoo, tourist shops, carriage rides and ghost tours. And the streets also smell like boggy water and horse piss.
I have been a bad blogger, and will try to make up for it with a few posts about this trip. First: the historic peninsula. This includes old churches, houses, where the Civil War started, and government buildings that date back to before the revolution. Here are some pics in no particular order:

No comments:

Post a Comment