Virtual Ship's Log from Captain Hammer

'Cause I don't have enough to do already

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The New Style

Because I live in such a small place, my wife has put the cabash on any big time brewing. She's right for doing so, but I've missed it recently. Then the idea struck: I can brew in small batches with all the kitchen stuff we already have, and ferment in 1 gallon juice jugs that take up no room at all. Voila- the craft beers of all craft beers, brewed with love, in super small batches. For the first batch I've gone completely without a recipe. It'll be dark, creamy, and sweet, with a yeast strain called "Super High Gravity", which for you non-brewers, also means "super high alcohol"- up to 13%. Here's the batch bubbling away in a cardboard box meant to prevent collateral damage if the jug explodes. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. They're only small on the outside- inside they're crammed full of flavor (and 13% of that flavor will be in the form of ETOH molecules).

    ReplyDelete