Virtual Ship's Log from Captain Hammer

'Cause I don't have enough to do already

Sunday, July 11, 2010

More Diversion

Well, another day off to work on projects, and still no work on the canoe. I think I'll wait until end of summer to keep going.

But I did get some things started: a trailer hitch bike rack almost done (those things are expensive! Even on craigslist they're $75. I bought $18 worth of steel and fasteners, welded one joint at my folks', and used some scrap wood- voila! Ghetto rack!), and almost done with a cheese press for hard cheeses (this is another item that is ridiculously over-priced, even on ebay. PVC, cutting board, springs/bolts and a little elbow grease: under $12. Enjoying homemade aged cheddar: priceless). Attached are cell phone pics of each of these projects at their current stage. Will post for-real pics when they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment